One of our Town's Pride:
1/2 kilo dried miki noodles
1/2 kilo chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
1/4 kilo batac chicharon (bagnet)
patis (fish sauce)
achuete (red coloring, mixed in with hot water and salt)
1. Boil chicken breast in 1 liter of water for 30 minutes or chicken is already well done. Take out chicken, reserve the liquid for stock.
Shred the chicken breast, set aside.
3.Saute garlic in oil or butter until golden brown, do not overdo it. Next, put the ground pepper and chicken. Cook for a minute or 2.
3. Pour patis to taste, cook for a minute or 2.
4. Pour achuete mixture, cook also for a minute.
5. Pour in chicken stock, boil.
6.Put miki noodles, cook till noodles are done. Do not over cook.
7. Top it with ilocano chicharon (bagnet)
8. Serve hot. Perfect with puto and suka ti sili.